Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Proverb for the Day

"If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat;
And if he is thristy, give him water to drink;
For so you will heap coals of fire on his head,
And the Lord will reward you."
--Proverbs 25:21-22


I mentioned this proverb yesterday. It is one of my favorites. I memorized this when I was in a work situation with a boss who was not very kind. I just kept reminding myself that I was to be nice to him and God would reward me for being kind. Although I don't think this is the intent, I liked the fact that he would most likely feel guilty because I was treating him kindly when he was doing the opposite to me. Treating "enemies" with kindness is one way to overcome evil with good. It is up to God to serve judgement and rewards. My prayer is that I will always remember this proverb and live how God calls me to live--with kindness. I will collect my rewards some day in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment