Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Proverb for the Day

"He who walks with integrity walks securely,
But he who perverts his ways will become known."
--Proverbs 10:9

I remember back when Chad and I were first dating, we went out to a light house and were walking on the boulders out into the channel and saw something written on one of the boulders. I don't know if I am remembering it correctly, but it said something along the lines of, "It's easier to tell the truth because you don't have to remember what you said." I have never forgotten that (I didn't know at the time that it was "scriptural"!). When we tell a lie, usually we have to tell another lie to keep the first lie covered up. And then another lie and another. Eventually we will forget what we actually said and mess up.

When we walk in integrity, we will tell the truth and we can be secure in the fact that we won't be "found out". We don't have to worry about the "truth" coming out, because it will already be known. If you habitually tell lies, you will eventually be "discovered" because the truth will come out some how.

Walk securely, tell the truth and live with integrity!

3 comments:

  1. Great reminder Darcy! Thank you. I love these Proverbs of the Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so very true

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Darcy that is now going to be posted in my house for all to see.. It is so true..

    ReplyDelete