Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Proverb for the Day

"As a ring of gold in a swine's snout,
So is a lovely woman who lacks discretion."
--Proverbs 11:22

Wow, what a picture! I'm coming to the conclusion that a lot of "sayings" are actually based on biblical proverbs. Such as "Don't judge a book by it's cover" or "It's whats on the inside that really matters". It doesn't matter how good we make ourselves look on the outside if we don't have discretion. Let's look at what discretion means.

Discretion means: understanding, intelligence, reason, taste, perception.

Anyone who lacks these things would easily fall into fleshly desires and therefore, be just as undesirable as a pretty, gold ring in a pig's nose. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be compared to such an ugly image! I am seeking to increase my understanding and intelligence, act with reason, taste and perception.

No comments:

Post a Comment