Thursday, March 5, 2009

Proverb for the Day

"As a loving deer and a graceful doe,
Let her breasts satisfy you at all times;
And always be enraptured with her love."
--Proverbs 5:19

Although this proverb is written to a man, I think we women can take insight from it as well. We need to be "enraptured with . . . love" for our husbands. We need to make sure we are taking all our comfort (emotional and physical) from our husbands. We need to turn to only our husbands for sexual fulfillment. Do not be fooled by this world when it says that it is "Okay to look, just don't touch". If you do that, you are playing with fire.

Matthew 5:28 says, "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Those many times that I have looked at another man and thought about how good looking he was, I was just a step away from lusting after him; therefore, committing adultery.

I'm ashamed to say that there were even times that it went to the lust stage and I didn't think anything of it because the world told me that I didn't act on it so I'm okay. Well, I'm here to tell you that it is wrong. It is wrong because Christ tells us it is wrong.

So, for those of you who are married, be enraptured with your husband. It will not only keep you from committing adultery, but it will make him feel loved and special.

No comments:

Post a Comment