Saturday, March 21, 2009

Proverb for the Day

"To do righteousness and justice
Is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice."
--Proverbs 21:3

We are supposed to do what is right the first time and not think that we can do wrong and just ask forgiveness later. If we know what we are doing wrong and plan to just ask forgiveness later, then we really aren't repentant when we ask forgiveness. Strive to live right in the first place!

Bonus Proverb (I had to share both of these!)

"Better to dwell in the wilderness,
Than with a contentious and angry woman."
--Proverbs 21:19

Wow! This really cuts to the core. Every time I read it, it makes me examine my life to see if I am a contentious woman. Do you know what contentious means? According to The Strong's Concordance, contentious means "a contest or quarreling--brawling, contention, discord, strife." Are you sowing discord or strife in your home? Are you always nagging your husband or children? If you are, then I suggest you stop because it is better for them to live elsewhere than with you. I have had to get on my knees before God and ask forgiveness for acting like a contentious and angry woman before. I have had to ask my husband to forgive me for acting this way. I would rather live without anger or contention than have to ask for forgiveness again (hey, this fits in with the first proverb for today!). Examine your life and seek forgiveness from God and your spouse/kids if you find that you have been contentious.

No comments:

Post a Comment