Sunday, March 8, 2009

Proverb for the Day

"For wisdom is better than rubies,
And all the things one may desire cannot be compared with her."
--Proverbs 8:11

Wisdom is worth more than wealth. Where do we find wisdom? In God Word of course! Spend your time with God instead of trying to "keep up with the Joneses." It doesn't matter what "stuff" we have if we don't have God. When we spend time with God, He will show us what truly matters. He will supply our needs. He will bless us when we follow His commands.

For example, the world may not think it is wise to give 10% (or more) to God every week, but I know it is WISE to do so. I have so much more now that I would have if I would have kept the 10%. Not only am I following His command, I feel good knowing I am helping others and He blesses me for being faithful. It feels so much better to give, than to receive "the things one may desire."

No comments:

Post a Comment