Sunday, March 1, 2009

Proverbs for the Day

I am reading a chapter of Proverbs each day for the whole year. I have done this before and it is amazing how each time I read a chapter, new verses speak to me. It just goes to prove that God's Word is living!

What I do is read chapter 1 on the first day of the month, then chapter 2 on the second day and so forth. On the months that have less than 31 days, I just read that extra chapter on the 30th (or in the case of Feb. I read 29-31 on the 28th). Each day I am going to try to get on here and post one verse that spoke to me that day. Hopefully I can find the time each day to at least type the verse and maybe how it spoke to me. I don't know if I will continue this past March, but we'll see. I also want to say that just because I am only writing one verse here, doesn't mean that more didn't speak to me or that this verse is more important than the rest.

March 1st

A wise man will hear and increase learning,
And a man of understanding will attain wise counsel

Proverbs 1:5

Any person can hear the Word of God, but it is a wise one who actually DOES the Word of God (increase learning). We shouldn't be upset that someone is trying to biblically correct us, but thankful that we are receiving "wise counsel".

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea Darcy!!!! I may have to try this .. there is so much in proverbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love proverbs. That is where I first learned I could be a contentious wife and what that meant to my husband. No kidding.

    ReplyDelete