Saturday, March 28, 2009

Proverb for the Day

"To show pariality is not good,
Because for a piece of bread a man will transgress."
--Proverbs 28:21

This proverb really hit me at the core. It made me think about whether or not I show partiality with my girls and sadly I have to say that I do a little. I tend to favor the one that is most helpful and compliant. I have to ask my girls to forgive me and make a concious effort to not do it anymore. It feels terrible to think that maybe because of my partiality I have caused my other girls to transgress even more because they aren't feeling loved or something. I thought I was pretty aware of not showing partiality because I was a "victim" of partiality growing up and I see other people doing it to my kids, but God is good to reveal to us when we have done wrong and don't even realize it so that we can repent and change. I am so thankful for God's Word being a double-edged sword and helping me become a better wife, mother, and woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment