Friday, March 27, 2009

Proverb for the Day

"Faithful are the wounds of a friend,
But the kisses of an enemy are decitful."
--Proverbs 27:6
And
"As iron sharpens iron,
So a man sharpens the coutenance of his friend."
--Proverbs 27:17

If we know our friends have something they need to hear (for their own good) and think it might "hurt" them, we still have an obligation to tell them. It is better for them to hear from a friend something that needs to change than to have someone else lie to them and they never better themselves. We are to "sharpen" our friends just as they are to sharpen us. We become better people because our friend help us become better people. The people who are closest to us are the one who will see when we are living in sin and don't realize it or need to make changes to live healthier, happier or whatever. Don't get offended when a friend tells you something you really don't want to hear. Thank them for loving you enough to be honest with you. And love your friends enough to be honest with them.

In closing, I hope everyone who reads my blog feels free to "wound" me by telling me if I have written something inappropriate or if there is something I could change to make the blog better. I consider you my friends and hope that you will "sharpen" me just as I hope I can help you become better women with what I have to "say".

No comments:

Post a Comment