Thursday, March 26, 2009

Proverb for the Day

"As a dog returns to his own vomit,
So a fool repeats his folly."
--Proverbs 26:11

If you don't learn from your mistakes, then you are a fool. We should look at every opportunity as a learning experience. If you mess up, learn from it and change your ways. As I've heard other people say, "You'll always get what you've always got if you always do what you have always done." Learn from your mistakes and become wise.

Bonus Proverb

"Like a madman who throws firebrands,
arrows and death,
Is the man who deceives his neighbor,
And says, "I was only joking!""
--Proverbs 26:18-19

I had to comment on this because it has always bugged me when someone said or did something and then said, "I was only joking!" We've all heard about how sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will never hurt us, but we also all know that words can hurt. Even if someone says she was only joking, the sting of the words are still there because you have to wonder if she was really joking or just said she was. Also, it usually is something that isn't something to be joking about in the first place.

My prayer is that we will think twice before we say anything and be careful of saying, "I'm just joking".

No comments:

Post a Comment