Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Words of Wisdom Wednesday

Proverbs 14:1
Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.

I received a new Bible that has cross references and this verse cross referenced to Ruth 4:11 which caused me to wonder about the meaning of the Hebrew word for "buildeth".

The Hebrew word is banah. It means "to build (literally and figuratively), obtain children, make repair, set.

This got me thinking about family size. It is wise for a woman to "obtain children" while a foolish woman destroys her house by not having children. I think one could easily see that abortion is plucking down a woman's house, but what about choosing not to have children or even not having more children?

I would love to hear your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment