Friday, March 6, 2020

Stand Fast

1 Corinthians 16:13-14
13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. 14 Let all your things be done with charity.

I've been studying how to walk, but God led me to these verses in my study time. At first glance, it would seem to not be dealing with how to walk because of the word "stand". However, let's look a little closer.

Watch

This is an action. We must be vigilant of what is going on around us. We are to be paying attention for the signs that God tells us about.

Stand

This means to persevere. We are to keep walking with God. We should not grow weary, but continue to walk in faith.

Quit you like men

This means to be brave. We will encounter much opposition on our walk with the Lord from teh world. We must be brave as we persevere.

Be strong

This is walking with the Lord is not for the faint of heart. It is a battle for souls. We fight a spiritual battle and we need Christ's strength to succeed.

In all these things-watching, standing, being brave, being strong-we must do all with love. Sometimes I think this is the hardest command. Oftentimes what I see as love, others do not. When I warn of dangers, others see it as meddling, complaining, accusing, or condemning.

Lord, help me walk this road with You in love to others. Show me how to reveal Your love to them. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment