Friday, March 13, 2020

Chosen

Ephesians 1:4
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

chosen-to pick out, choose, to pick or choose out for one's self.

Being chosen means we are wanted, desired, and loved.

Before God created this world, He knew man would sin. He knew He would have to send His only Son to shed His blood for us. Yet He still created this world knowing the sacrifice that was needed. He did so because He loves us and wanted us. He desires us to be with Him.

He doesn't just want us to love Him because He created us to do that, He desires us to choose Him back. This cannot be a one way relationship! I have chosen to follow Him, but I can't forget that He chose me first.

Even despite knowing that I would forsake Him, that I would follow fleshly lusts, that I would break His heart-He still chose me!

I am special because He chose me, but that doesn't mean others are special! He chose all of us. Christ can so that all may be saved!

2 Peter 3:9 KJV 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Our identities should rest in the knowledge that the creator of this world desires us-chose us. If you would be excited to be chosen to meet the president of the US or the Queen of England, how much more special are you that God chose you?!


No comments:

Post a Comment