Friday, June 15, 2018

Plexus Journey, Part 5

I've been talking about my Plexus journey for over a month now and I am loving how I am feeling! Because I am pregnant, it is hard for me to discern if I am losing weight so I have been diligent in watching for those non-scale victories.

Most people start Plexus with specific health goals in mind and often weight-loss is at the top of the list. While Plexus does help many people lose weight, that's not always the first thing that happens. Why? Because Plexus goes to work balancing your blood sugar, healing your gut, and reducing inflammation in your body. Those things are pretty hard to measure, see, and notice. BUT we can see the the side effects - they just might not come in the order you want them to. Sorry, but you can't control what your body decides is the most pressing concern to address first. You might want to lose weight but your body decides to balance out your hormones first. You might want more energy but your body needs to heal the inflammation in your gut first. 

So here's a list of examples of non-scale victories to look for and celebrate!!

Better energy
Not needing naps
Fewer cravings for sugar and junk food
Craving water, fruit, and veggies 
Better sleep
Clearer skin
Fewer headaches
Reduced aches and pains
Normal blood pressure
More productive workouts
Faster workout recovery
Lifting more and running faster
Getting stronger
Losing inches
Clear-headedness
Better mood
Stronger immune system
...to name a few.

These are just as important if not more important than a number in a scale. A scale can only tell you the gravitational force on an object, but is not a very good measure of health. So ditch the scale and celebrate the healing and balance you're experiencing!

Out of the above, I have experienced better energy, fewer cravings for sugar and junk food (this is huge for me!), craving more water, fruit and veggies, better sleep, reduced aches and pains (which is huge during pregnancy for me!), losing inches (everywhere I can measure that isn't affected by the pregnancy), better mood, and in my opinion a stronger immune system (since I usually get sick in the spring when the farmers start spraying their chemicals). 

I am excited to expand my use of Plexus products as finances allow and also having some of my children start on some of the products, too (as finances allow). For the first time in a long time, I feel hope that we can overcome some of the health issues that we've struggled with for years.


No comments:

Post a Comment