Saturday, June 23, 2018

Being Pruned

John 15:2
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

God will remove anyone or anything that is not fruitful for Him. You may be growing some fruit, but may also be growing out and not being fully useful. He will prune back to where you were/are fruitful.

I desire to be fully fruitful for Him, but I haven't felt very fruitful lately. I feel like I will have some pruning coming. May I embrace it and accept it and not fight it.

_________________________________________

I wrote the above a few of weeks ago in my personal journal. I just finished up week 3 of our Bible Bee study on the book of James. The book of James is the book that brought me to salvation (even though I had grown up in the church, it wasn't until college when I fully gave my life to Him) and it is doing a work on me now. I am being convicted every day about how I am truly walking my talk. May He continue to prune me!


No comments:

Post a Comment