Thursday, June 4, 2015

Please God or Man?

Galatians 1:10 
For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

For many years, I lived as a people-pleaser. Even after I first committed my life to Christ, I continued
to strive to please all people. However, the more I grew in Christ, the more I realized how wrong I had been.

It is my thought that living to please men is what heavily contributes to lukewarm Christianity (I wrote a post on lukewarm Christianity last month. You can read it here.) We start by slowly compromising God's Word in the name of "political correctness"). We can not be servants of Christ if we compromise His commands to "keep the peace". As a servant, we are to follow our Master's commands-no matter the cost.

Our blessing of striving to please God is not having the anxiety of wondering who I am hurting (because you can't please everyone all the time!). God will bless us in other ways, too, because He blesses the obedient.

No comments:

Post a Comment