Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Abundant Life, Part 1

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

God sent His only Son to earth so that we could have hope for something better-eternal life. Christ died on the cross for our sins, but He rose again! He defeated death!

Not only did He take our punishment for our sins, He also lived as an example for us. He had a life filled with peace, joy, and love. Sure He endured difficult trials, but He didn't endure them alone; He had God with Him at all times.

We, too, have God with us through the Holy Spirit. It is through this indwelling and Christ's sacrifice that we can have an abundant life.

Christ's life and death wasn't just to give us eternal life. It was to give us an abundant life (on earth and in heaven).

I was brought to  tears recently when pondering Christ's sacrifice and how many people are living today. I was overcome with the thought that He died in vain.

Satan comes to steal our joy. He comes to destroy our peace. He comes to bring fear and anxiety and kill our hope. However, Christ came for the opposite! He came to bring joy, peace, and hope! When we live in fear and anxiety, are we not saying that what Christ did wasn't enough?

I am sometimes guilty of this myself, but then I remember what Christ has already done. He didn't give His life so I can live in fear! I have a hope-a hope and knowledge that all is in God's control and that He loves me and wants the best (His best) for me.

Christ's shed blood is enough! It is enough to give us life and to live it abundantly. It is not just for certain people; it is for everyone!

I pray I never live in a way that Christ's sacrifice seems in vain. I want to embrace all He has for me.Sometimes that means walking through the hard things with Him in order to get to the abundance on the other side.

Focusing on all that Satan is doing or trying to do isn't honoring Christ's sacrifice. Focusing on how Christ has already defeated Satan helps us keep the hope alive and draws us closer to a truly abundant life-a life filled with love, joy, and peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment