Thursday, May 24, 2018

Chicken in Milk

So, I was going to totally take a picture of our dinner the other night so I could show you how delicious it looks, but the family was hungry and I completely forgot until we were done eating. Picture or not, it was YUMMY!
Picture from Jamie Oliver's website

I base my recipe off from Jamie Oliver's Chicken in Milk. I found the recipe when I was looking for recipes to use up the extra milk we had last summer. We have adapted it slightly to use what was in the house. Our favorite way is to actually use chicken leg quarters (because the chicken is more infused with the flavor), but we do make it with a whole chicken (as we did tonight and as the recipe calls for). Other changes I make are using lemon juice, powdered cinnamon, powdered sage, and I peel the garlic cloves. Also, if we use the leg quarters, I omit the olive oil, but I do use it when using a whole chicken.

We love putting the "sauce" over cauli-rice, mashed potatoes, or even for dipping our biscuits into it. I find this to be a pretty inexpensive meal (especially if we use either one of our own butchered chickens or the leg quarters that I can get for $ .49/lb.). We almost always serve this with a side of peas.

I hope you give this recipe a try. Let me know what your family thinks if you do give it a shot!



No comments:

Post a Comment