Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Words of Wisdom Wednesdays


Proverbs 22:7
The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.

I was raised that debt was normal. I didn't see how enslaving it was until after we had our first child and I wanted to become a stay-at-home mother. We couldn't do what God was calling me to do because of payments. It wasn't until a few years later that I was able to quit my job and even then we had some pretty hard times. We couldn't give to others the way our hearts desired either. Even now, we would love to do more for God's kingdom, but my husband is tied down to a job that makes X amount so we can pay our house payments. We are striving to get the house paid off early so we are free for God to use us as He wills.




No comments:

Post a Comment