Thursday, August 30, 2018

Wisdom

What is the purpose of education?

I am pretty much ready for us to start our school year, but I still have to decide on a Bible curriculum and finalize details on a few other things. We plan on starting mid-September (unless the baby decides to make it's entrance then) so I have a few more weeks yet. The beauty of homeschooling is the flexibility to adjust our schedule and since the older girls are still working and we are busy with canning, freezing, etc., we decided to give ourselves some time before delving into formal schoolwork (because learning to preserve food and run a home is learning!). As I have been working on the new school year, I have been pondering a few things.

"For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." ~ Proverbs 8:11 
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." ~ Proverbs 9:10
"For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding." ~Proverbs 2:6
"For whoso findeth me [wisdom] findeth life, and shall obtain favor of the LORD." ~Proverbs 8:35

I need to keep these verses in mind as I finish planning the school year.

A relationship with Christ is much more important than high grades. I ned to focus on discipleship more than academics. This was made even more apparent to me as we graduated our oldest this past summer. I am so proud of her growth in Christ much more than her academic growth. She is much more ready for the real world due to her relationship with Christ than she would have been with more worldly knowledge and no relationship.


No comments:

Post a Comment