Thursday, September 22, 2016

Throw Back Thursday--Recipe updates

I was looking back over some of my old posts and came across two recipes that I had posted that we still use. However, we have made some adaptions to these recipes.

In the case of Cinnamon Roll Bread, I still use this recipe, but have changed my flour as we are now grain free. I now use 2 1/2 cups garbanzo bean flour, 1/2 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot powder, and then 1 tbsp of guar gum. We use this combination because we are able to get a 55 lb bag of garbanzo bean flour for between $35 and $37 through our local Amish store so it is the cheapest option. By adding some tapioca flour or arrowroot powder, it gives it more lift and decreases the bean flavor. We switched to guar gum not too long ago because I read that xanthan gum was derived from corn.

As for the Homemade tooth powder, I still will make it this way, however, sometimes I will add in a drop or two of peppermint essential oil. I have also flavored it with ground cinnamon and have even done away with all flavorings except for a drop or two of lemon essential oil. I like that we have a healthy option for cleaning our teeth and can adapt flavors to what we prefer.

I hope you have enjoyed looking back at some of my older posts and seeing how we still use them today!


No comments:

Post a Comment