Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Are You Busy?

Well, I thought I would start having time to get back to writing, but things just keep popping up to keep me busy. I'm not complaining, mind you. While I enjoy writing, all the things that are keeping me busy are good things.

What is keeping me busy right now is preserving food for the winter. A friend offered to let us pick apples off one of their well-producing trees. We filled 6 5-gallon pails and 2 bushel baskets full of apples! I was hoping to do applesauce with those on Monday, but another friend dropped off 2 boxes full of broccoli, 1 box of tomatoes, 1 box of sweet peppers, and more apples. Since the broccoli and tomatoes needed to be done immediately, we set to work on those and the applesauce waited until Tuesday. Of course, our own apples need to be picked and hopefully our own tomatoes turn soon so we can process those.

Keeping busy can be a good thing as long as you don't allow it to draw you away from time with your Lord or your family.

Are you busy?


No comments:

Post a Comment