Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Busy


Just the other day, I was talking to a friend about one of the problems with our world is that we are too busy. We are too busy for the things that matter in life. We think that busyness means we are productive and worth something.

There is a major problem with that!

Many times we are busy with things that just don't matter. We are too busy with inconsequential things that we don't have time for the things that really matter-relationships.

This friend and I try to get together often just to talk, have tea, and share what is going on in our lives. We do this not only because we know someone is listening to us, but because we then know how best to pray for each other. As what happens too often, it had been a few weeks since we had been able to get together or even talk on the phone. When I said I was coming over, she asked if I had time to do it. My response, "I will make the time because it is needed."

We need to spend time in relationship with others. Being open and real with others helps us get through the tough times.

God created us for relationship. He wants to have a relationship with us, but He also wants us to have relationship with others.

Don't let your life get busy with things that don't matter.

Also, remember that just because something is a good thing doesn't mean that it is meant for you. Too many times we are too busy with "good things" that we miss out on the best things that God has for us.

Do you find yourself too busy? I would love for you to share your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment