Thursday, April 12, 2018

Accountable

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, 12 KJV 
9 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. 10 For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. . . . 12 And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

I have always heard these verses in reference to marriage, but it was made evident to me not long ago that this can also be in reference to accountability partners.

If you are struggling with something, it is easy for Satan to tempt you and get you to believe lies, but if you have an accountability partner, that person can strengthen you and help you along your path.

An important aspect of an accountability partner is for it to be another Christian because we know that "where two or three are gathered, there He is in the midst." Christ is the third strand of the cord!

I encourage you to find an accountability partner if you do not have one already. Ask God to send someone to you or to impress on your mind someone you could ask. If you are married, I also encourage you to talk to your husband about him finding an accountability partner as well. I was amazed at how much better my marriage became when my husband had someone besides me to keep him accountable.


No comments:

Post a Comment