Thursday, January 11, 2018

My Word for 2018

For the past couple of years, I have felt God giving me a word to focus on during the year. Last year it was 'serve'. This year I kind of figured it would be rest, still, or quiet, but God, as He usually does, surprised me and has different plans for me.

I spent a lot of time praying about my word for the year during the last week of December. In my mind, I just needed a verse to verify which of the words I thought He was telling me, but I was wrong.

One day, during my prayer time, God impressed on my heart that I needed to learn contentment. I argued back that I had learned contentment already, but He showed me that I truly hadn't done so.

After finding my focus word, I needed to find a focus scripture. He led me to Hebrews 13:5a:

 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have:

I like to have a coloring page that I can color and hang in my room as a reminder. I looked for one already made in my adult coloring books and on pinterest, but didn't find one. I asked one of my daughters to make me one, but she kept putting it off saying that she wasn't sure she could do it (she does the pictures for our church bulletin every week). I wanted to have my reminder hanging in my room and be able to write this post, so I designed one myself on the computer. In all truth, I started coloring one I designed and learned I wasn't content with it so I designed another--I guess I DO really need to learn to be content!

If you enjoy adult coloring and/or would like a reminder to be content, feel free to save the image below, print it, and color it yourself.


Do you choose a word to focus on for the year? If you do, I would love for you to share what your word is and your plans to focus on it during the year. If not, why don't you? Maybe you have never thought about it before. If that is the case, then maybe you should give it a shot. I have found that when I have a decision to make, I think about my word and scripture and it helps me come to a decision and have peace about that decision.




No comments:

Post a Comment