Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Evidence of Things Not Seen

Hebrews 11:1  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
I am a member of a Christian forum that discusses a number of topics. One topic lately has been the debate between evolutionary creationism and biblical creation. There are many of us who strong believe in the biblical creation; however, there are some who believe in evolutionary creation.

Those who believe that both evolution and creation can co-exist say it is because "evolution has been proven to be true." While I don't agree with that statement to begin with (I believe there are numerous instances of creation being proven), I also come back to this scripture.



"evidence of things not seen."

Even if the biblical account of creation wasn't proven by what we see, I would still believe it because of my faith in the Word of God. My faith is my shield that is able to quench the fiery darts that the wicked (those who oppose God's Word) try to throw at me.


No comments:

Post a Comment