Monday, April 20, 2015

Receive Children

Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me. ~ Mark 9:37 
And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea. ~ Mark 9:42

Tonight I will be attending my first Right to Life dinners. I have wanted to attend for the past few years, but something has been either already scheduled for the same day or something comes up that prevents me from attending. I am excited to attend as I truly believe in the cause.

The issue of children is near and dear to my heart and I have long supported and worked for the local pregnancy resource center (Life Resources of Cadillac) for 10 years. I have also given whatever support I can give to those who adopt, are foster parents, or even expecting/new mothers.

For the most part, society views children as a nusiance and often times a problem to be avoided. Even among Christians, they may say children are a blessing, but don't want more (or any) and think others shouldn't have them either.

God's Word says differently. When we receive a child, we receive God. Whether through birth or adoption, accepting a child is accepting God and His blessings.

If we fail to accept, take care of, and protect children, Christ says it is better for us to die.

Abortion is an extreme way of not accepting a child. By supporting abortion (in any way), a person is not protecting children. As Christians, we should do all we can to not only protect the life of a child from conception on through life, but care for it after birth if needed as well. We need to stand together and love what God loves and His Word clearly states that He loves children.

No comments:

Post a Comment