Thursday, January 12, 2012

Of Puzzles and Life

OF PUZZLES AND LIFE
by Jalisa Wenger
 
A little girl just five years old
She called for Mama’s aid
To put the pieces that she held
Into the puzzle’s frame.
 
But when her Mama tried to help
And show her where they go,
She fussed and tried to make them fit
Her way– not Mama’s– no!
 
Oh, Mama, now let’s do this one!
But Mama thought it best
To lay that piece aside awhile;
It did not fit the rest.
 
And as they worked together on
The puzzle piece by piece,
They found the one they’d laid aside
Now fit right in it’s place!
 
This little girl, she is my own
And I’m her Mother dear.
While watching her, I saw myself.
It really was quite clear!
 
"But Lord," I whined, "I do not want,
To put this piece that way.
It would be nicer over here!
Please tell me that I may!"
 
Or "Father God, let’s do this now."
But Father knows it’s best
To lay that piece aside awhile
Until we’ve pieced the rest.
 
As He and I work on my life,
Together piece by piece,
I later see just why ‘twas best
To heed His tender voice.
 
He saw the big scene of my life
But I saw just a part.
He knew the choice that I so craved
Would draw me from His heart.
 
And so in love He bid me lay
The treasured piece aside
That I might learn to yield to Him
And in His will abide.
 
And now as I continue on
The pathway that He’s planned,
My heart is full of thanksgiving;
I hold to His dear Hand!
 
And when we reach that Heavenly Shore
And know as we are known,
We’ll praise Him for His grace and love
Together ‘round His throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment