Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Words of Wisdom Wednesday


It has been a while since I have done Words of Wisdom Wednesdays, but I am going to start up again. I take a verse (or two) from Proverbs and share my thoughts.

Proverbs 1:8
My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:

I remember my parents telling me to just trust their advice because they had learned from their mistakes and htey didn't want me to have to make the same mistakes. I have also found myself telling my children the same thing.

It would be wise to take our parents' advice for that reason, but also because God put them in authority over us and tells us to listen and obey.

The Hebrew word "hear" means more than just listen; it means to apply it and obey it. We are capable of physically hearing something but not "hearing" it in our heart. We need to hear before we will apply it (or at least attempt to apply it).

Exodus 20:12
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.


No comments:

Post a Comment