Thursday, March 22, 2018

Desire to be Heard

(This post was written while I was on vacation)

Psalms 116:1-2 KJV
1 I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. 2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.

We all have a desire to be heard and to be known. Sometimes we don't even need someone to fix the situation, but just to listen to us.

Today has been a struggle for me since I woke up. First, I called my husband and he just listened. Later I texted my best friend. Although she didn't have any solutions either, she listened to my concerns, acknowledged my feelings, and gave words of encouragement.

Throughout the morning I spent time in prayer on the issue. I cried out to God to help me understand.

Then, He led me to Psalm 116. The very first two verses comforted my soul. Did he give me an answer? No, but He reminded me that He hears me and has inclined his ear to me.

What peace came over my soul!


No comments:

Post a Comment