Wednesday, January 11, 2017

My Word for 2017

Last year was the first year I felt compelled to find a word and scripture to focus on for the year. You can read about my word for 2016, transform, here.

This year, I sat down and prayed about a word. Immediately, God brought the word "serve" to mind.


Of course, I wanted a scripture to go along with my word. Finding a scripture that I felt God also laying on my hear in regards to serving, servanthood, etc. proved a little more challenging. It took me a few days of reading scripture and praying about it before coming to a final conclusion. After having my scripture, I wanted to do an adult coloring page with that scripture that I could hang on my bedroom wall as I did last year. I couldn't find a free printable or one in any of my adult coloring books, so I decided to create my own using a program I have on my computer.

To download a black and white copy of this page, click here.

My coloring page now hangs on my wall next to my bed as a daily reminder. God calls us to serve which means that we often need to deny ourselves even though we live in freedom under Christ's shed blood. Serving is also best done and received when it is done in love.

I pray that this year I grow in understanding of what it truly means to serve and to serve in love.

Do you have a word for 2017? I would love for you to share what God has placed on your heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment