Friday, October 7, 2016

It is well (the story behind the famous hymn) performed by Colin Battersby

When I first heard the story behind the penning of this song, I was immediately drawn to the fact that even amidst hardships, we can still be content with the life God has given us.



Today, a friend and I were talking about the hard things in our lives and discussing how we know God is in control and can answer our prayers, but it is still hard at time to not try to figure it out for ourselves. On the way home from our visit, this song came on the radio. Needless to say, I cried through the entire song.



I knew I wanted to post the song and the story. I found this version on YouTube which incorporates the song and the story and even gives a little more information on Spafford that I had never heard before.



Please take some time to watch and listen and may God speak to your heart as you do.



God bless.








No comments:

Post a Comment