Thursday, June 2, 2016

Maple Coffee Cake

I have a recipe that I have used for years--Economical Coffee Cake. I've used it for so long that I don't even remember where I originally got the recipe. I have adapted it every time we have had a change in diet. First I changed it to use spelt flour, then to gluten free flour, and now to grain free. I've also used a few different types of sweetener and usually changed the butter to coconut oil.

The latest change was to using maple syrup as the sweetener and then we also serve it in a bowl with a little more syrup drizzled on top and some milk.

The latest changes have received the most praise from the family. In the past, they ate it, but it wasn't something they requested. They actually request it now!

Maple Coffee Cake

1 1/2 cups maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
3 eggs
1 cup milk (or whey)
2 1/2 cups garbanzo bean flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot powder
1/2 tbsp xanthan gum
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Mix the coconut oil and maple syrup as best possible. Add egg and milk. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Pour into a 9x13 pan (stoneware works best). Bake at 375 for approximately 40 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment