Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Words of Wisdom Wednesdays

For my Sunday School class, we have been studying the book of Proverbs. Proverbs is full of so much wisdom! Proverbs is a book that we could read over and over and constantly draw a new nugget of wisdom out of it each time we read it.

I wanted to share some of what I have gleaned from Proverbs so I decided to share a little bit every Wednesday. I am calling it:


The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. 1:7

Fear = reverence

When you reverence someone, you humble yourself to their wisdom and power. You are not prideful, but you take their words to heart. You reflect on them and if you are wise yourself, you will live by them. Do not despise God's Words as they are full of life!


No comments:

Post a Comment