Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Contentment


Learning contentment is a valuable thing to learn. Scripture calls it a "great gain." Why is that? Well, let's look at scripture to answer that.

 1 Timothy 6:8
And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

What more do we need in life besides clothes and food? God promises to provide those things so in all reality, why should we be discontent when our needs are being met?

Hebrews 13:5 
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

God promises to always be with us. If He is with us, will we truly lack something we need? God is all we need!

Many times I get caught up with what the world says we need, or I just want more than what s needed. In those times, I need to remind myself that God is all I need. When I have Him, I am not alone and He promises to feed and clothe me. Who am I to complain at how or when He provides those things? He knows that is best for me; I just need to rest in that fact.


No comments:

Post a Comment