Friday, May 18, 2012

Divine Appointment—The Resolution for Women

Cookie Cutter Life I grew up wanting to fit in with everyone else. I lived my life trying to please others and be who and what they wanted. I wanted to look like the other girls. I wanted to act like them. I didn’t want to cause any waves or draw attention to myself in any way. I wanted to live a cookie cutter kind of life.

Living Differently What I never learned until much later in life was that I wasn’t supposed to be living that way. I was supposed to stand out. I was supposed to be different. If I wasn’t different in any way, then how would the world have known that I was a Christ follower?

“We ought never to be lost among the shuffle of worldliness . . . driven by lowly pursuits and interests, becoming so similar in appearance to everyone else that we can’t be singled out in a crowd.”

I have come to the realization that I don’t want to be lost in the shuffle anymore. I want people to talk about how I am different. It isn’t a bad thing to be different as long as you are living your life for Christ.

People often say that I am wasting my life and my degree by being a stay-at-home mom; they say that I was destined for far more important things than cooking, cleaning, and changing diapers. But what they don’t realize is that I am exactly where God wants me. He made me a mother of nine beautiful girls. He placed the desire in my heart to stay home with them. He designed me to be a keeper at home. If I am in God’s will, then how can I be wasting my life? Shrier mentions Moses in this chapter and how he took on the job of a shepherd after being raised a noble. While it didn’t look “right” to the world, he was exactly where God wanted him.

My life is standing out for Christ now. Many aspects of my life go against what normal society says I should be doing and I’m okay with that. When people feel the need to bring it to my attention (and not always in a nice way), I am thankful for the opportunity to share God with them. It is because of Him that I am the way I am and am experiencing the many blessings He has for me. I am far from living the life He has for me perfectly, but I am trying to live it with purpose. I am trying to bloom right where He planted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment