Friday, February 10, 2012

Pancake Sausage Strata

I want to first thank everyone for their prayers. It was a rough couple of days, but things are better. There is definitely power in prayer!

I want to share a great recipe that we just tried this morning and everyone loved. I adapted it from a recipe that I found somewhere (sorry, I can't remember where) to make it easier and healthier.

It's not the prettiest presentation, but I wasn't planning on taking a picture!




Pancake Sausage Strata

leftover pancakes
cooked sausage crumbled (could crumble up patties if needed)
eggs
milk
salt
maple syrup (we used homemade pancake syrup)


Rip pancakes in small pieces to cover bottom of a baking dish that has been sprayed or brushed with oil or melted butter. Spread cooked sausage on top. Scramble eggs with milk and salt. Pour over food in dish and bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Uncover and pour maple syrup over and bake for another 30 minutes. You can serve it with more maple syrup if you wish (Chad ate it with more syrup, but the girls and I didn't).

I know some of you are wondering about amounts. Well, I can't tell you exact amounts except for I used 12 eggs, 3/4 cup milk, and a large pinch of salt, 1 lb homemade venison sausage and a 15x10 pan. Adjust however you see fit.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds delish! I love sausage with syrup! A great way to use leftovers. We always have leftover pancakes. We don't really like them out of the freezer so this is a great way to use them up. Thanks for posting. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete