Monday, March 5, 2012

Pray for the Hurting

Today I found out that the 7 month old son of a friend of mine went to be with the Lord. My heart is just breaking for her and her family. I am also reminded of the many miscarriages I have been hearing about lately. Then my mind goes to those who long to have a child and haven't been able to conceive or sustain a pregnancy for many years. Then it goes to those who long to adopt but are still waiting after years for a child to wrap in their arms and even for those who are in the adoption process and are waiting for dates to get their child who is waiting for them.

I have no idea why these things happen, but I do know that I serve an awesome God who is in control of all things. He also grants peace and comfort to those who are hurting. Please join me today to say a prayer not only for my friend and her family, but for all those who are experiencing the loss of a child (whether currently or in years past) and for those who are waiting for the Lord to bless them through conception or adoption.

Dear Heavenly Father,

My prayers today are for all those who are dealing with the loss of a child. I pray first that they know You as their Lord and Savior and second that You would comfort them in their pain. I pray You would surround them with Your loving arms and the arms of those who care for them. I pray they feel the love of many praying for them. I also pray for those couples who are waiting to be blessed with a child to hold. I pray that they also know You as their Lord and Savior and that they would seek peace in the waiting from You. I pray that they would know the peace that passes all understanding that is only available from You.

Surround all these families with Your tender love and care and prompt those around them to show compassion and love to them as well. I pray that people are obedient to Your call to be Your hands and feet to these families.

In Christ's precious name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely lifting Luann, Stephanie and their whole family up to our Almighty Lord. Only He can grant them the comfort they need during this terrible time in their lives. So so sad, I just cannot imagine :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Thanks Darcy for including me and my husband in your prayer! We are still waiting for God to bless us with a miracle. I appreciate you being aware of others' needs around you and being so willing to step up in prayer for them! You are blessing them more than you know!

    ReplyDelete