Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Denying Christ

Mark 14:26-31 KJV
26 And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives. 27 And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered. 28 But after that I am risen, I will go before you into Galilee. 29 But Peter said unto him, Although all shall be offended, yet will not I. 30 And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. 31 But he spake the more vehemently, If I should die with thee, I will not deny thee in any wise. Likewise also said they all.
We often chide Peter for denying Christ right after saying he wouldn't. However, what I didn't notice until this morning as I read was that "Likewise also said they all."

They all said they would die before denying Christ, yet we don't  hear about any of them being with Christ through all that followed. In fact, they all "forsook him, and fled." (vs. 50).

I would love to say that if I had a gun to my head that I wouldn't deny Christ, but if these men who walked with Christ were weak, what makes me so different?

I pray that the Holy Spirit living in me gives me the strength and boldness to declare Christ as my Lord if a time like that ever arises.


No comments:

Post a Comment