Thursday, September 12, 2019

Clutter of the Heart

I was putting something away and found an old journal of mine from early 2014. I started flipping through it and came across an entry that caught my attention because I had complained about the same thing just a week or so ago while talking with a friend.

"Yesterday did not go well. We have too much "stuff" in this house and in our hearts. I struggle to teach the girls contentment when I struggle with it myself. I feel suffocated by the clutter and mess and I found myself giving up instead of dealing with it. The younger girls seem selfish and spoiled. They need more responsibility and I need to be better at accountability.

I feel Satan is prevailing at the moment. I need to focus more on our blessings than all the things that have gone wrong. What we had isn't ours to begin with."

Job 1:20-21 KJV
20 Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, 21 And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.




No comments:

Post a Comment