Tuesday, October 9, 2018

What I've Been Up To

You may have noticed that I've been gone for a couple of weeks. If you don't follow the Gracious Daughter of the King Facebook page, you probably have no idea what has been happening.

Gordon Carmichael holding Gordon Carmichael
First, I gave birth to our newest little one on September 24th! Gordon Carmichael was born at 1:48 pm at home. The birth went well, but he had difficulty nursing in the beginning so it was a rough couple of days.

Second, my father-in-law's health was declining (and had been for a while), so much time was spent helping him and my mother-in-law.

Thirdly, my mother-in-law ended up in the hospital herself for a couple of days. My husband spent that time with her.

Fourthly, I spoke at my local MOPS meeting. This was something new for me. Another woman and I spoke about meal planning-how we do it, how it is helpful to us, etc.

Fifthly, my father-in-law's health continued to decline and some hard decisions were made regarding his care. He went to be with his Lord and Savior on October 5th. Since we knew it was coming, we had already started planning his funeral and the visitation was held on the 6th and the funeral on the 7th. It was a rough few days for our family, but the funeral was a beautiful celebration of his life and testimony.

It will be difficult to transition to a new "normal", but we will in time. My first goal is to get back into schooling. Once we get back into that groove, I am going to try to add my writing back in. So, it may still be another week before I am back to writing and sharing consistently. I hope you bear with me during my absence.


No comments:

Post a Comment