Monday, July 16, 2018

Marriage Moment Monday


1 Peter 2:16
As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

In our world, so many people are so caught up in "what I deserve" that they forget that we are called to serve others. Christ sets us free not to demand or even expect others to serve us, but for us to go and serve others without the premise that they will give back.

Even though we may think it is "right" for our spouse to share in the duties at home or for our spouse to get their own food/drink, we are called to serve. People are often shocked that I will make my husband's plate of food when we are out and about or that if he asks for a drink that I will get up and get it for him. These are small things, small ways to serve, but they speak so much love to the receiver. I never see it as a way my husband is trying to "control" me, but as an opportunity to show him how much I love him.

Spend some time thinking about how you may use your freedom in Christ to serve your spouse today. I would love if you shared your thoughts on this and/or the ways you serve your spouse.


No comments:

Post a Comment