Thursday, July 7, 2016

Sleep in Peace

Psalms 4:8
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

Proverbs 3:24
When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.

I have not been sleeping well lately. I am definitely tired and fall asleep easily, but I don't stay asleep. I wake up many times a night and since my youngest is sleeping better, I'm realizing it isn't just her waking me up.

Why can't i stay asleep? Why is my sleep so fitful?

I turned to scripture for wisdom. Both of these scriptures talk about safety and not being afraid. My guess is that I feel afraid about something; I don't feel safe. However, I can't think of what is causing this fear.

I'm asking you to join me in prayer for revelation on what is causing this fear. Also, if you know of any other scriptures on this topic that you think may be helpful, please share.


No comments:

Post a Comment