Monday, May 30, 2016

Marriage Moment Monday-Pray Together



Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

There is a saying, "The family that prays together, stays together."

This is true for a family and a marriage.

It may be hard to pray with your spouse, but the benefits will far outweigh the discomforts and those discomforts will eventually disappear.

I remember when my husband and I started praying together. He would laugh at me because often I would cry. This opened up communication and drew us together. Now, instead of laughing at me, he just hugs me.

There was also a time when we stopped praying together because of a change of work schedules interfered with our prayer time. It didn't take long to see that issues started rising in our family. We committed to a new scheduled prayer time and those issues resolved.

Pray together!


No comments:

Post a Comment