Friday, May 29, 2015

Release, Forgive, Pray

Job 42:10 
And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.

Job had spent much time listening to his friends telling him he was wrong and full of sin. I'm sure he as not feeling the kindest thoughts towards them. However, God will only accept Job's friend's sacrifices by Job's hands which meant Job had to pray for his friends. It is when Job releases his bitterness that God blesses him.

We, too, need to let go of bitterness in our lives/hearts if we desire God's blessings. Harboring bitterness only creates a wall between us and God.

This scripture reading and understanding it is timely for me as I realize I have been harboring bitterness towards some people that have harmed my family and possessions. I t won't be easy, but I know I need to release, forgive, and pray for those who have harmed us.

I have also been reading Jesus Calling by Sarah Young and part of today's reading went along well with this.

I know precisely what you need to draw nearer to Me. Go through each day looking for what I have prepared for you. Accept every event as My hand-tailored provision for your needs. When you view your life this way, the most reasonable response is to be thankful. Do not reject any of My gifts; find Me in every situation.

We should not hold bitterness towards what aspires in our lives if we truly remember and believe that God is in control of all things. I'm not saying that God directly places hardships in our lives, but He does allow them for various reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment