Sunday, June 24, 2012

I’d Like a Word with You—The Resolution for Women


God’s Word was written just for us. It is like a love letter from God. We learn much from reading it and we experience His great love for us.

“ . . .like a radiation treatment on a cancerous cell, His Word is actively renovating us even when it seems like nothing unusual is taking place. His Word . . . . It’s life. It’s love. It’s living truth, solid as granite yet soft as a baby’s skin.”

Today I would like to share some of my favorite verses with you. Some of these I have memorized word for word. Some of them I know the verse, but not the reference (without looking it up). Either way, they are like carrying God’s love letters with me wherever I go! I’m also sharing some I would like to memorize.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” ~ Philippians 4:13

“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who have been the called according to His purpose.” ~ Romans 8:28

“Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one’s youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them; They shall not be ashamed, But shall speak with their enemies in the gate.” ~ Psalm 127:3-5

“For you formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.” ~ Psalm 139:13-14

“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” ~ Jeremiah 29:11

“I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” ~ John 10:10

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” ~ Proverbs 3:5-6

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, And He delights in his way. Though he fall down, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds him with His hand.” ~ Psalm 37:23

This ends the section of Faithfully His. I signed the resolution that,

I will live as a woman answerable to God and faithfully committed to His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment