Thursday, May 21, 2015

Trim Healthy Mama Fruit Pizza

I saw a recipe for a THM fruit pizza on Facebook the other day and saved it since I didn't have any fresh fruit in the house. I was going to stop by the farm market on my way home today and forgot, but fortunately, I did bring home some fruit salad from our last MOPS meeting today so I decided to make it for myself tonight. I'll post the original recipe and then mention the changes I made.


FRUIT PIZZA WITH "SUGAR COOKIE" CRUST.
I sort of threw this together and it was pretty darn good!! Recipe: crust- 3/4 cup finely ground almond flour, 3 packets of Truvia, splash of vanilla, 6 tbsp of butter, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 3 tbsp. of egg whites. Mix together and bake, 400 until lightly golden. Topping- block of 1/3 fat cream cheese, splash of vanilla, 3 tbsp of swerve, 4 packets of Truvia (sweeten to taste), 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream. Mix with a hand mixer, chill and top. Then top with your "S" approved fruits!!! And maybe a squirt of whipped cream wink emoticon YUMMY S DESSERT!wink emoticon YUMMY S DESSERT!

I don't like to measure things so I didn't do anything exact. I did use approx. 3/4 cup almond flour, a splash of vanilla, approx. 6 tbsp butter, and approx. 3 tbsp egg whites; however, I only used 3/4 scoop of protein powder and I used a few shakes of green leaf stevia (big hole opening on my container) all for the crust. For the topping, I used about 2/3 of a block of regular cream cheese (because that is what I had), a splash of vanilla, a few small ladles of cream off a jar of raw milk, and then about 3 tbsp of my homemade truvia (xylitol and green leaf stevia mixed). I baked the crust at 400 degrees until golden brown, cooled it, "frosted" it with the cream cheese mixture and then topped with the fruit from the fruit salad.
I have to say that I really like it! I'm glad I made it and will enjoy it (I'll probably have some for breakfast tomorrow!).

No comments:

Post a Comment