Saturday, May 30, 2015

Importance of Daily Bible Reading

I am constantly amazed (although I shouldn't be!) that oftentimes my daily Bible reading speaks
directly to something I have been pondering, struggling with or curious about. Today's scripture truly hit home!

I encourage you to read your Bible Every day. Even when you think you won't get anything out of a reading, God can use it to speak to your heart.

For me, this scripture:

Jeremiah 42:10-12
If ye will still abide in this land, then will I build you, and not pull you down, and I will plant you, and not pluck you up: for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you. Be not afraid of the king of Babylon, of whom ye are afraid; be not afraid of him, saith the LORD: for I am with you to save you, and to deliver you from his hand. And I will shew mercies unto you, that he may have mercy upon you, and cause you to return to your own land.

is symbolic for something I have been struggling with. You need to keep your heart open to hear what God will say to you through His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment