Saturday, June 2, 2012

Beauty in the Every Day

God definitely knew what He was doing when He blessed me with daughters (like anyone really questioned that!). I am definitely not a "girly-girl" and often lean toward practical instead of pretty. My daughters, on the other hand, are definitely all about the pretty!

Ever since the wild flowers started blooming, I have had at least one container full of flowers on my table. When a new flower appeared in the field across the street, Sabra asked about what kind it was. I informed her it was a daisy and one of my favorite flowers. Since then, I have been blessed with some on my table. Just today she brought me a big bouquet. Every time I walk into the kitchen (which is often when I have to feed a family of 11!) a smile appears on my face.

My girls have helped me see the beauty in creation. God created it for us and we need to take the time to embrace it and enjoy it. I often miss it in my quest for practicality and accomplishing tasks. God knew I would need help embracing the beauty and my feminine side. I guess I need more help than others which is why I have 9 girls!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! What a blessing.
    My mother grew up with 6 brothers and was a real tomboy. She wanted sons and was given three daughters, but she says that God knew better than her. She has companions now.

    ReplyDelete