Thursday, October 26, 2017

Justified by Him

Acts 13:38-39 KJV
38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: 39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

For those of us who come from a performance based background, it is easy to fall into a works based Christianity.

While I know that Christ's love is unconditional and it is nothing of myself that earns salvation, there are times when I find myself doing the things that "good Christians" do in an attempt for Christ to love me more. My desire should be do obey out of love, not because I am trying to earn anything.

Today I was reminded once more of how it is nothing I can do. It is only through Jesus Christ and by him that we are justified. There is no way we could be justified by following the law of Moses. I'm not saying that the law of Moses is bad and that we shouldn't strive to live by the God-given standards, but we need to do it out of love and not to earn anything.

Have you ever found yourself trying to perform the law to earn Christ's love?


No comments:

Post a Comment